Pocky Strawberry Roll Cake
- 8 Extra Large Eggs, Yolks and Whites Separated
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Cake Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- Pink Food Coloring
- 450 Milliliters Whipping Cream (cold)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 Cup Crushed Pocky (Chocolate and Strawberry)
- Whipped Cream
- Crushed Pocky (Chocolate and Strawberry)
- Bake the cake: Beat the egg yolks and sugar with an electric mixer until they lighten in color. Add then vanilla, cake flour and baking powder and mix until combined. Add some pink food coloring and dye your desired shade of pink. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold this into the cake batter. Pour the batter into a 15×10-inch jelly roll pan that has been greased and lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes. After the cake is fully cooked, invert it onto a dish cloth sprinkled with confectioner’s sugar. Peel off the parchment paper and roll the cake up in the dish towel, starting with a short side and rolling away from you. Allow the cake to cool completely.
- Make the filling: Whip the cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add the vanilla extract, confectioner’s sugar and cocoa powder. Fold the crushed pocky into the cream.
- Assembly: Unroll the cake and spread the filling on to cake. Roll the cake back up and trim the sides to create clean edges. Dollop some whipped cream on top and garnish with crushed Pocky. Enjoy!